Cribs with storage come with a useful storage facility attached to the crib’s body. This storage facility may include an accompanying dresser, a changing table and sometimes even an under crib storage feature like drawers.
A good crib can be the perfect solution for your baby’s bed for years to come. It can give you comfort, safety. Question is how to find the one that’s the best value for your money. Ideally, a well chosen crib should be safe, sturdy and should have the ability to fit into your room without making it look congested.
But, if you aspire to keep your nursery absolutely uncluttered despite the numerous baby goods that will make up the room or if you’re short on space and are looking to manage the limited space while keeping it tidy, then a good crib that can easily fit into your nursery is not enough.
You need a crib that can take up less space and also secretly enclose the majority of your belongings in its neat structure. One that can also give you the comfort of a great storage cupboard and a perfect changing table along with the comfort of a nice bed for your baby.
Thankfully, it is possible to find a crib of this kind in the market today. In fact, a crib with storage (or a multi-purpose crib) is quite popular these days. With some of the leading baby-furniture brands in the scene, cribs with storage are available in numerous designs, sizes and prices.
To see which one would suit you best, read the following reviews about my three most favorite multi-purpose cribs and find out their true advantages and disadvantages. Read through to the bottom to get a good insight on these cribs with storage so that you know exactly what you’re going for, before making the final choice.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Cribs With Storage
- 2 Full Review: Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib and Dressing Table Combo
- 3 Full Review: Athena Daphne Convertible Crib and Changer
- 4 Full Review: Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer
- 5 About Cribs with Storage
Best Cribs With Storage
Dream On Me Casco
Stork Craft Portofino
(See Complete Review Below)
(See Complete Review Below)
(See Complete Review Below)
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Full Review: Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib and Dressing Table Combo
Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib is a wonderful option for small spaces because it is compact in design and has great storage capacity. Additionally it is a light weight sleigh cot bed and is portable and thus amenable to a more fluid lifestyle. The crib also comes with a changing table which is also light weight, and this additional storage is a godsend. While you would have to opens individually on a crib, a dresser and a changing table, this mini crib combines the best of these world and provides a single solution your child’s sleeping needs.
What’s more, this convertible cot turns into a day-bed and a twin sized bed, and has two adjustable mattress levels, and so can grow with your child as time goes by. It is made of solid sturdy material, is CPSC certified, and comes with a simple yet elegant and classic design, and essentially a great choice for smaller spaces, apartments and city dwelling.
Espresso, Natural, White, Black, Cherry
- This is a light weight, portable crib that offers a great storage capacity
- It comes with a changing table which includes a changing pad, a restraining strap for safety, three roomy drawers and two back shelves. A 1” mattress pad is also included with the crib.
- The crib is convertible into a day-bed and a twin sized bed (optional bed rails sold separately)
- adjustable bases with two mattress levels
- CPSC certified
- A great choice for small spaces
- The crib comes with a mattress pad which is much thinner than a mattress itself. So, you might like to order a suitable mattress separately when you’re ordering the crib.
- Despite being a mini crib, it may not fit through all the doorways so it is important to decide the best place for your crib before assembling it.
Full Review: Athena Daphne Convertible Crib and Changer
Athena Daphne Convertible Crib is an adorable mini crib which offers great storage facility. It has an attached dresser and changing table which includes three drawers and two back shelves. Additionally, the base of this crib also has two wide drawers. Every section of this piece is designed to give you maximum usage of available space.
And if that’s not enough, it is made of Non-toxic and sustainable pine wood. This makes it extremely eco-friendly, and in fact, it exceeds US safety regulations. Further, it grows with the baby, and can be converted into a day bed and even a pre-teen bed as your child grows up. While being very easy to assemble, it has a sturdy body that glides easily. Being compact and very well designed, this cot bed with storage solves your bedding and storage problems with one unique solution.
White and Cherry
- great storage facility
- attached dresser and changing table which includes three drawers and two back shelves.
- Base of this crib also has two wide drawers.
- maximum usage of available space.
- Eco-friendly and made using sustainable pine wood.
- JPMA certified and meets & exceeds US federal safety regulations.
- It is convertible from crib to day-bed and youth-bed.
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy body which is easy to glide
- A great pick for small nurseries and houses as it solves the bedding and storage problems all in one.
- Looks cute and stylish
- The changing table with storage can be detached and used as a side table when the crib is converted into a youth-bed. The two wide drawers at the bottom stay as a part of the youth-bed and continue to provide ample storage space.
- Non-adjustable mattress height levels. To adjust the mattress height, you’d have to use two mattresses for this crib.
- The changing pad is not included and the changing table’s small size (5″ x 15.5″) can make it a little tricky to find the right sized changing pad from other manufacturers apart from Athena.
- Finding the perfect mattress for the youth-bed can also be a little challenging.
Full Review: Stork Craft Portofino 4-in-1 Fixed Side Convertible Crib and Changer
Stork Craft Portofino is made of high quality solid wood and wood products which makes it exceedingly sustainable and non-toxic, and hence very safe for your little one’s health and well being. It’s available in multiple natural colors and finishes. The crib has ample storage provision, and comes with a changing table, draws, and two back shelves. The changing table is detachable and can be used as a side table after converting the crib into full size bed.
Along with the cot bed, it includes a waterproof vinyl changing pad as standard, which is a perfect addition. Similar to the previous two options shortlisted, the Stork Craft comes with a toddler bed conversion kit which makes it convertible into a toddler bed, day bed, and eventually a full sized bed, thus growing with your child to meet his needs. The solid wood body is strong, and durable, while the design is elegant and elegant.
Espresso, White, Cherry, Dove-Brown
- The crib has great storage facility with accompanying changing table, drawers and 2 back shelves
- The changing table is detachable and can be used as a side table after converting the crib into full size bed. (However, while its still a crib, the table forms one of the sides and has to be kept with the crib)
- It also includes a waterproof vinyl changing pad
- This crib is made of solid wood and wood products
- JPMA certified and compliant with all CPSC and ASTM safety standards
- Easily convers into a toddler bed, day bed and full sized bed
- Toddler Bed Conversion Kit is included (Bed rails are not included)
- 3 adjustable mattress levels
- Elegant and strong body
- All 4 stationary sides of the crib add to safety
- Customers who are sensitive to certain smells can in some cases find the crib to have a strong odor but the manufacturer claims that this smell is harmless and will dissipate quickly.
- Crib’s wood is soft and can get scratches easily on rough handling
- The raised sides of the crib’s changing table add to safety and prevent the chances of a baby falling off the crib but the gaps on these sides can cause a baby’s hands or legs to get caught if the baby is left without an adult’s supervision.
About Cribs with Storage
As you already know by now, cribs with storage provide the facility of storing a baby’s goods along with serving as a cozy infant-bed. They often also include a dresser and a changing table which can be later converted into a bed-side table when the crib is converted into a full sized bed or a youth bed. All the options above have each of these features included as standard.
Cribs with storage are also known as multi-purpose cribs due to their ability to act as more than just a crib and encompass numerous furniture pieces into a single structure. With one crib of this kind, you can easily cut down on various other shelves and cupboards in a room. Thus the room looks much more spacious and easy to tidy up.
It also helps to bring down the cost involved as a single multi-purpose crib is often more cost-effective than a crib and other pieces of furniture bought separately. With all these benefits in mind, cot beds with storage are an ideal solution for nursery furniture in apartments, smaller spaces, and for city living. While being versatile and convenient, they also come in chic and elegant designs that add to you child’s nursery decor.
Of the top three picks, it’s very hard to choose one, as they are almost equally matched. However, if I do have to pick one, it might be the Stork Craft portofino, simply for the quality of material and finish, and its beautiful curves, though none of the others are in any way inferior. Hope the above guide gives you a good picture of all the different features and possibilities of each of the cot bed offers, and help you take that final decision to decide which is right for your little wonder.
However, do remember that since a crib with storage is designed to give more space to the room, its size and weight is often monitored to not become too big and bulky. The accompanying changing table, dresser and shelves, etc. are also designed to fit in a smaller area and are thus often smaller than the regular changing tables and dressers bought separately.
With cribs with storage, you enhance the overall functionality of a normal baby crib and provide a complete bed, safety and storage solution.